Sunday, April 10, 2011

Title: listening portfolio entry 4(Movie)


Source: Prince of Persia The Sands of Time
Strategies:
1.      using the subtitle
2.      Associate with image
Evaluation:
1.      It helps me a lot by using the subtitle to understand the movie .When I watch this movie, I can check the words or some sentences if I am not sure. In addition, I can get some new words easily and check them in the dictionary .
2.      In this way, I can predict what they will talk about. Obviously, it is better than just listening .By watching the image, I am able to guess what they are speaking which can helps listening .Also, you will not feel boring when you do the listening practice by watching film.
Reflection:
1. I think it is a good way for me to do the general listening practice .I can use the subtitle to help my listening. Also, I can learn some new words. Therefore, I decide to use this strategy when I watch the movie. However, I feel it takes too much time to watch the whole movie and I cannot always concentrate on it. Maybe next time I just watch the part of movie.
2. It does help in my listening because I can guess what will happen in the movie and predict their speaking, but I might miss the listening when I indulge the movie plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment