Monday, April 25, 2011

Listening portfolio entry 7(TV programme)

Source: The big bang theory 3--2
Strategies:
A. Listen to the key words
B. Listening and reading English subtitles at the same time
C. Guess the meaning of the sentence
Evaluation:
1.It is useful. Sometimes the actors speak very fast. It is impossible to listen to every words. Therefore, listening the keys words can help me a lot to understand the whole sentence. However, in some sentence, I do not know the meaning of the key words and I will not understand. At that time, I paused the TV programme and checked the words in the dictionary.
2.This listening strategy is very helpful for me. I can expand my vocabulary and hear the flow of speech from the actors. In addition, I become very confidence in learning English in this way because I can nearly understand everything. It can encourage me to keep going on my study.
3.The strategy C can use together with the strategy B .It helps me when I have some long sentence with new vocabulary. It can improve my comprehension.  

Reflection:
Watching a TV programme is not only a fun way to learn but it is also very effective. I think the strategy B is better way to watch a TV programme.I like this strategy and I will use it next time. For strategy A and C, both of them are useful. However, I think it is more helpful to use them with B together.

No comments:

Post a Comment