Monday, April 25, 2011

Listening portfolio entry8 (Radio)

Source: Freezing cream
http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio
Strategies:
A. Listen to the stress words
B. taking notes
C. repeat as many times as I need
Evaluation:
1.This interview is about why you can't whip cream after you've frozen it and how you can do at home to solve the problem. The speakers talk very clearly and I can get the stress words easily. With the help of these words, I got the main idea after I listened to it for four times.
2.Writing notes is very useful to listen to a radio. Because there is no subtitle when they are speaking, If I do not write anything down, I only can remember a little information. In this way ,I can get some information every time. Finally, I am able to use these useful words to understand the speaking.
3. Although I could get the main idea, I still have some words or some sentences which I cannot understand. The strategy c can help me to solve this problem. In this way I can repeat the sentence until I understand it.

Reflection:
A is a good way for me to listen to a radio. It helps me get the main idea easily. However, sometimes I need more details .B is better way to get more details. Also,
B can remind me what I have listened .C can enable me to learn new vocabulary and find missing words. After listening, I can check these words in the dictionary. Therefore, I think only I use A,B and C together ,I can improve my listening .

No comments:

Post a Comment