Sunday, April 10, 2011

listening portfolio entry 5(cartoon)


Source: Simpsons no Brazil
Strategies:
1.   listen for the stressed words in sentence
2.   try to get the main ideas

Evaluation:
1.      It is very useful way to listen for the stressed words. These words can help me to understand the whole sentence in most of time. In this cartoon, the speaker did not use too much advanced vocabulary, so it is easy for me to get the words. However, I cannot get some words because of their accent.
2.      After listening for two times, I could get the main idea .However, I cannot understand some sentences when they speak slangs.

Reflection:
1.      For this cartoon, listening for the stressed words is a good way. I will use this strategy next time. The stressed words are always meaningful, so it helps me to understand their speaking easily. Moreover, these words are expressed clearly so that I can get these words easily.
2.      This cartoon is about a story. It is very important to get the topic and it can let me predict something when I am watching this video. This cartoon is very interesting and I enjoy listening to it. I think I should to find more cartoon to do the listening practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment