Saturday, March 26, 2011

Listening portfolio entry no 3(podcast)

Source: Victoria Tunnel reveals mystery http://download.tvnz.co.nz/podcasts/onenews/6pm_tunnel_260311.mp4

Strategies
1.listen for keywords
2. take notes
3.check in dictionary if I do not know the meaning of the word
Evaluate
1.This was helpful and I could generally know the main idea. However, the speaker   talks fast, so I still cannot hear everything in this way.
2.Taking notes was quite hard for me this time. I only wrote down some keywords. I have watched this video for 6 times, but I still cannot get some words or sentences. However, it is useful to get the main topic.
3.Actually I did hear some new words, but I could not spell them correctly. I tried to search them in the dictionary and I got some words such as double-barreled, archaeologist. However, I cannot find all of them.
 Reflection
1.Listening for keywords is a good way to understand the main idea, but some   details can be missed sometimes.
2. Note taking is a bit unrealistic to do in general. I think I should find a friend to do the same thing, and then we can compare our notes and talk about what we heard.
3.using this method, I am able to learn some words. However, it is really take time to guess and find out these words. Perhaps I do not need to know every words and I should guess the meaning of the words. Next time I should choose right level of listening for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment